hello! i’m shanna!
Lifestyle enthusiast, positive mindset mentor
From the journey of being an overweight kid to becoming a behavior and lifestyle coach, Shanna accumulated a lot of stories and experiences from clients to help them overcome their struggles with diet and exercise. After reflecting on these topics (as well as her own from childhood) Shanna was inspired and motivated to write her extremely popular book The Reset Plan: Lose the Secrets, Lose the Excuses, Lose the Weight.
Balancing clients, businesses and year-old twins has been one hell of a daily juggling act for me. Nothing’s been easy about being a working mom. The hardest part for me was learning to be extra patient with myself while adjusting to this new role because it takes time.
A 2018 found that working moms clock an average of 98 hours per week. That’s about the same as working 2.5 full-time jobs!
There are so many different emotions that come up with being a working mom and it’s easy to feel like you are making all of the wrong decisions. It is emotionally draining to say the least.
I’ve spent decades helping people RESET. After having twins, I had to start again by resetting myself. My body, space and mind had all shifted and I had to get my set of tools back out to not allow myself to break down completely. God bless all those women on social media that look like they have it all together. That has not been me. It has taken time and hard work to re learn how to make myself a priority and give myself permission for self-care. Feeling burn out is inevitable without tools to balance everyone’s schedules, feelings, and meals! If you’re feeling uninspired, overwhelmed or just stuck let’s RESET together!
Ready to begin your journey to wellness?
I can’t wait to work with you!
get to know me
These are a few of my favorite things…
- I grew up in the beach town of Santa Monica, CA but only went to the beach a handful of times.
- I have had a job since I was 15. My parents motto was “ We have money, you don’t. Time to work”
- I got my BFA from SUNY Purchase
- I haven’t eaten pork since the 4th grade. Not over the trauma of that lunch story 😉
- I have never met a carbohydrate I didn’t like.
- Kale. I HATE Kale.
- Met my husband on a dating site. Got talked into being on the site. Met him an hour into being on it and have been with him ever since.
- My twins are the loves of my life. I had them at 39 when doctors said I was “too old” to have kids without IVF.
- I am a BIG believer in thank you cards.
- I am working daily on breathing more and cussing less.